During my time in Torino I had some spare time to improve my development skills. Besides developing my first Mac OS X applications, I also started to learn Apple’s new programming language “Swift”.
For my home university called “unibz”, I found it very neat to make myself a study plan. My objectives where the following:
- have an overview about how many exams I have done to date, and how many are still to be taken
- translate the Italian grades into the German grade scale and
- calculating and simulating the impact of my future grades on my final grade
Since calculating the grades is not that straight forward (not to mention programming the application…), I started off with an excel spreadsheet and played around with all the grades until it matched the final grade from the official “Student Portal”.
Due to high demand from fellow students, this version is now also available for students studying:
- Bachelor in Economics and Management
- Bachelor in Economics and Social Sciences (PPE)
- Bachelor in Design
Taking these formulas, I could much easier create a beautiful looking Mac application that does the same stuff – and even more.
Download the app here: http://bit.ly/unibz-mac-app